Saturday, December 22, 2012

Saturday Fun Links 12-22-12

I was going to post this yesterday, but then I thought maybe the world was going to end.

Oops.

Seemed like such a lock too.

So here we are, a day late, with some entertaining links for your viewing pleasure:

First a bit of holiday cheer from reader Andy....how many elves would Santa need on his staff to get it all done?  12 million, apparently.

In data news:  This week the Sunlight Foundation released a new data app called Sitegeist.  It downloads 5 pages worth of data about your surroundings, including demographic and housing data, political contributions, and interesting things to do.  I've been using it for a few days, and it's pretty interesting.  Apparently my neighborhood donates twice as much to Republicans as Democrats.  Who knew.

Speaking of Republicans....are you conservative?  Do liberals tell you that means your anti science?  Here's a fast retort....ask them what was up with this.

I've had a weird uptick in the number of designers emailing me asking me to share their infographics on my blog.  Don't they know infographics are dangerous AND I HATE THEM?

All right, I'm a bit of a hypocrite, I did think the top 10 sports infographics of 2012 were pretty cool


No comments:

Post a Comment