Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thursday Quickies: Can I be in a Geico commercial now?

A few months ago now, I decided to get my DNA sequenced through 23 and me.  I got my health results back yesterday, and while I'm still waiting on the full ancestry results, I did get one interesting piece of information:  I share an uncommonly high amount of DNA with Neanderthal's.

Apparently your average person of European decent get 2.7% of their DNA from cavemen, and I actually have 3.2%.  That puts me in the 99th percentile.  I'm happy to finally have an explanation for why I'm so short and brutish.  

More on their science here.

3 comments:

  1. Which parent are you betting on for that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one with the uncommon amount of body hair I'm thinking.

      Delete
  2. Wait a moment... Does this mean you're also solitary, poor, and nasty?

    ReplyDelete