Saturday, May 4, 2013

Friday Fun Links 5-3-13 (late late late edition)

Oops, forgot to post these yesterday.  Oddly, I forgot in part because I am headed to the funeral of ANOTHER uncle named James.  I know I know, losing one is misfortune, losing a second looks like carelessness*.

Anyway, who needs some brain bleach?  I do!

First, we've got the muppets and Star Wars, all mixed up!  I loved Jim Henson, he was amazing.

I don't know about you, but we definitely busted out the grill this week.  Grilling as a weeknight activity is one of my favorite things about summer.  Here's 28 badass burgers to make this weekend.

My other favorite thing about this time of year is that Game of Thrones is on!  I am more addicted to this show/series than I have been to any pop culture phenomena in a long time.  I think I spent almost 2 hours this week discussing it with various people.  There's quite the debate around whether you should read the books first or watch the show first, and I thought this list did a good job of highlighting which characters come off better in the show than in the books.  For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, let me just say if you want to see/read a series that completely turns tropes on their head without ever going in to "you're just trying to be clever" territory (and you don't mind brutal sex and violence), watch/read it. You're welcome.

If this research is wrong, I don't want to be right.

And now a video.  Edison vs Tesla - the rap battle (and yes, there's a whole series of these...Mozart vs Skrillex is worthwhile)




*Forgive me the gallows humor, I love Oscar Wilde, and it's been a long month.  This is my husband's uncle, and he'd had a stroke AND cancer for a while now.  While we're glad he's no longer suffering, it's still very sad.  He was a funny and good man, and he was only 60.  The surrealness of the names/proximity of deaths is pretty weird, all in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment