Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Odds and ends

A few good links from readers:

A good piece from the Assistant Village Idiot on zero points in graphs.  Especially in an election year, I've been seeing a lot of these graphs with deceptive scales.  Axes matter.

From Dubbahdee, a link entitled "The Most Dishonest thing Fox News Has Ever Done".  I can't say I watch Fox news (or any other network for that matter), but I'll agree this was pretty darn deceptive.   In an attempt to show the worsening economy, they reported the official unemployment rate from 2009 with the "real' unemployment rate from 2012...making it look like unemployment had doubled in the last three years.  Aren't there enough real problems going on to keep them busy?

From my dear brother, Scientific America's piece on the political candidates view on science/science policy. Disgustingly full of rhetoric, but interesting nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment